At our Alpharetta-area practice, we want to make your dental services as stress-free as possible – that’s why we have several sedation dentistry options available for your comfort. The team of sedation dentists at Stonewalk Family Dentistry understands that “sleep dentistry” is not just for those with severe anxiety; in fact, patients of all ages undergoing any procedure can benefit from its relaxing properties. For example, patients who require lengthy appointments to complete their treatments or those who cannot become adequately numb with local anesthesia alone are more likely to enjoy their experiences if they visit a highly-trained sedation dentist.
To assist in your relaxation, our team of sedation dentists has furnished our treatment rooms with pillows, blankets and HD TVs on the ceiling. When you’re in our care, your visit is guaranteed to be as pleasant as possible. Life is stressful enough – going to the dentist doesn’t have to be!
Alpharetta-Area Sedation Dentists
Don’t let fear or anxiety hold you back – visit our Alpharetta practice and let our team of skilled sedation dentists help you achieve the healthy and attractive smile you’ve always wanted! Call Stonewalk Family Dentistry today at (770) 777-1911 or schedule an appointment online to learn more about our sedation dentistry options, which are described in detail below. We’re located in Milton, GA and serve the surrounding areas.
Intravenous conscious sedation provides a deep state of relaxation – deeper than most other forms of sedation dentistry – without requiring you to fall sleep. During your dentistry procedure, you will feel profoundly calm and relaxed, but you will still be awake, aware of your surroundings and able to communicate with our team.
- Most patients report having little or no memory of treatment while under IV sedation.
- We can complete almost any treatment you need with IV sedation, from crowns, dental implants and oral surgery to more routine general dentistry procedures, such as fillings and deep cleanings.
- Recovery usually takes about 30 minutes, but you will continue to feel drowsy. For this reason, our team of sedation dentists asks that you have someone drive you to and from your appointment.
Nitrous oxide, also known as “laughing gas,” is a safe blend of oxygen and nitrous oxide gases. During treatment, patients will inhale the gas through a mask placed over the nose. The simple administration of this form of sedation dentistry makes it perfect for any individual with dental anxieties, especially children. After just a few breaths, the nitrous oxide will create a sense of well-being and relaxation, helping patients feel more at ease.
- Nitrous oxide increases your pain threshold and, when necessary, makes the administration of anesthetic injections more comfortable. It is also helpful for patients who have a strong gag reflex that interferes with dental treatment.
- Nitrous oxide is non-addictive, and you will remain fully conscious while your sedation dentist performs your treatment. Despite being awake, you might not remember much of your procedure – no “sleep dentistry” needed!
- Feelings of calm and relaxation are felt almost immediately, and breathing pure oxygen for several minutes after treatment completely reverses the effects.
Oral conscious sedation is ideal for patients with anxiety too intense for nitrous oxide alone but not intense enough to require IV sedation. This form of sedation dentistry involves taking a carefully-prescribed sedative shortly before your visit. By the time you arrive at our office, you will feel very much relaxed. If deemed necessary, one of our sedation dentists may also administer nitrous oxide before your treatment begins.
- This is not a form of “sleep dentistry.” With oral conscious sedation, you will feel significantly calm and relaxed, while still remaining awake.
- The effects of the prescription sedatives are usually mild. For safety reasons, it is necessary to have someone escort you to and from the appointment.
If you’d like to learn more about the types of sedation dentistry we offer, or if you’d like to speak with one of our sedation dentists, please call our Alpharetta-area practice at (770) 777-1911. You can also schedule an appointment with a sedation dentist online – we are located in Milton, GA and serve families in the surrounding areas!